Do you intend to follow a full-time bachelor programme at Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Sciences? Are you an excellent student with a nationality from outside the European Economic Area (EEA)? Check below whether you qualify to apply for the Holland Scholarship!
The Holland Scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science and Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences. The grant is intended as a financial contribution for excellent students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who are fully admitted to a full-time English-taught bachelor programme at VHL.
The Holland Scholarship amounts to € 10,000; it is not a full-tuition scholarship. The amount will be transferred to the awarded candidates in the first year of their studies after they have received full admission to a full-time English-taught bachelor programme at VHL.
- You hold a nationality from outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
- You have been accepted to a full-time English-taught bachelor programme at VHL
- You have not studied at a higher education institution in The Netherlands before.
- You have a good command of the English language (at least IELTS Academic test with an overall band score of 6.5 and no sub-scores below 5.5, or equivalent)
- You have achieved excellent study results in your previous education
- You submit a personal statement (250-500 words) in which you include the following items: Why do you intend to follow a specific study programme? How will the programme help you achieve your future professional goals? In which way can your home country and the Netherlands possibly benefit from your degree on the long-term?
- You have to receive a conditional admission to a full-time English-taught bachelor programme at VHL University of Applied Sciences before the Holland Scholarship application deadline of 1 June 2023.
How to apply
Applications for the Holland Scholarship for the academic year 2023-2024 will be accepted between 1 November 2022 and 1 June 2023.
In order to apply, please follow these steps:
- Submit your full application to an English-taught full-time bachelor programme at VHL according to the regular online application procedures. Please submit your application early!
- Keep checking your e-mail inbox for messages from the admission team. If you meet all admission requirements for the bachelor programme of your choice, you will receive a conditional admission letter.
- Submit your application for the Holland Scholarship through this online application form.
Please take into account that applications of students who have not received conditional admission to an English-taught full-time bachelor programme offered at VHL cannot be considered.
After the application deadline, the selection committee at Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Sciences will carefully select candidates for the Holland Scholarship. All applicants will be informed on the outcome of the selection procedures within 6 weeks of the deadline. The grant will be awarded in the first year of the studies after the awarded candidates have received full admission to the English-taught full-time bachelor programme they applied for. The candidates will be required to contribute to the promotion of the Holland Scholarship and to sign up to the Dutch alumni network run by Nuffic.