The Catholic Academic Exchange Program (KAAD) is offering scholarships to honor students from countries in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, or Latin America. The scholarship program applies to students starting their masters or doctoral studies at universities in Germany. The scholarships are intended for masters and Ph.D. students who have already acquired professional experience and are interested in higher studies (or research stays) within Germany.
The Catholic Academic Exchange Service (KAAD)
The Catholic Academic Exchange Program (KAAD) is a scholarship institution of the German Catholic Church for postgraduate students and scientists from developing countries. KAAD supports its scholars in the form of scholarships and educational programs and provides theological and personal assistance with a view to the potential multiplying positions that students will have in their home countries.
The applicant must have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- The applicant is from a developing or emerging nation in Africa, Asia, the Middle East or Latin America.
- The applicant has a university degree and professional experience from your home country.
- The applicant wishes to obtain a master’s degree or a doctorate at a German university or to carry out a post-doctoral research project (2-6 months for existing university lecturers) at a German university.
- The applicant is a Christian Catholic (or general belong to a Christian denomination). Candidates from other religions will apply if they are proposed by Catholic partners and can show their contribution to interreligious dialogue.
- Before beginning the studies, the applicant possesses German language skills (KAAD can provide a language course of max. 6 months in Germany).
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are open for studying masters and PHD degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study in Europe?
Living and studying in Europe will provide students with a great deal of experience and knowledge, and all this helps to make the postgraduate lifestyle and future even richer. Studying for a Master’s degree or PhD program in Europe is both an adventurous and educational experience.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- The funds will help the recipients to pay for their higher cost educational expenses.
- KAAD pays for the recipient’s travel and accommodation in Germany and provides language training in Germany before their studies before they continue their studies.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to these studentships, candidates are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Scholarship
Students who are eligible to apply for the scholarship must check the main website for more information on how to apply for this scholarship, and other necessary details.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Applicants must meet the general country/study curriculum entry requirement.
- You must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum in which you studied.
- The applicant must have a university degree and professional experience in his home country.
- Before starting the studies, the applicant possesses German language skills (KAAD can provide a language course of max. 6 months in Germany).
Depending on your country of origin, you may be exempt from the need for a visa to study in Germany, but you are still required to obtain a residence permit for studies lasting more than 90 days, once you arrive in Germany.
Application deadline: 15 Jan- 30 June (annual)
Contact address: +49 228 917580
University location: Katholischer Akademischer Ausländer-Dienst Hausdorffstr. 151 53129 Bonn Germany