Shabelle Bank invites qualified and experienced applicants for the following banking job positions.
Shabelle Bank is a fully licensed Commercial Bank in Ethiopia to conduct all its operations under the principles of Islamic banking and be fully disengaged from interest-based transactions, offering the full spectrum of Retail Banking, SME Banking, Corporate Banking, Treasury, and Trade Finance Services.
Branch Teller( 36 Positions)
To enhance customer satisfaction by serving them with due care and maximum efficiency and promote the Branch’s resource mobilization effort by cross selling the Bank’s products, attending to customers and providing efficient and quality service to customers.
Main Duties and responsibilities
· Pays cash to all types of transactions within his/her limit
· Attend customers at the counter properly and with due respect
· Process customers’ account opening and perform cross-selling activities of banks products
· Scan customers’ and authorized staff’s signatures and photograph
· Receive cash from all types of transactions within the branch
· Post all types of business transactions
· Prepare cash and non-cash tickets/instrument
· Process clearance of negotiable instrument
· Collect and deliver cash from and to the ‘Till’ Administrator.
· Receive and pay cash from customers after proper identification, verification and posting transactions.
· Perform account opening and closing, Standing orders, Amendments, refunds, and Revokes.
· Prepare and issue cheque books and passbooks and provide bank statements for customers at request.
· Check and countersign vouchers, process standing instructions, and accept stop payment orders from
· Customers and obtain supervisor approval.
· Send outward cheques to Head Office and perform special (RTGS) and bulk cheque clearance activities.
· Assist customers at the counter in filling out forms, opening new accounts, transferring forms, and collecting payments.
· Exchange notes and coins for customers, and sort, arrange and wrap notes by denominations in bundles of hundreds.
· Sort daily tickets, take run-ups to check against summary total, check and balance physical cash with the Branch Till Administrator, and journalize daily transactions.
· Collect and validate Original Payment Instruments against the System, collect a deposit of cheques and other financial instruments, and prepare and issue Payment Instruments.
· Determine charges for services requested, collect deposits or payments, or arrange for billing.
· Identify and review accounts to be closed, receive a request to close the account and follow steps within the system prompts to close the account and bring it to a zero balance to get the account flagged as closed.
· Receive customer complaints or inquiries, resolve the issue within one’s scope of authority or answer queries, and refer unresolved customer grievances to the Customer Service Supervisor for further investigation.
· Educate customers about the Bank’s products whenever opportunities allow for this and without damaging service delivery performance.
· Record potential sales lead and refer or route them to an account manager/relationship manager.
· Perform other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor
Qualifications and experience:
· BA Degree in Economics, Accounting and Finance, Banking and Finance, Management, or any other related fields.
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Branch banking
Competencies (Knowledge, skills and abilities)
Ability to work in a team
Ability to manage work (self-reliant)
Strong personal commitment to learning the particular skill
Good interpersonal & good communication skills
Responsiveness to change
Acting with integrity
Flexible and adapt to new business needs
Demonstrative commitment to the Shabelle Bank Mission, Vision and Values
Comply with the Banks’ Code of Conduct
Knowledge of basic Computer applications
Knowledge of bank accounting and CATS procedures
How To Apply:
Those who meet the above requirements should submit their short CV (maximum of 3 pages) and a cover letter (maximum 1 page) throughwww.ethiojobs.net
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted at all stages of the selection process. Hard copies or physical applications will not be accepted.
The Bank has the right to cancel the post advertised.
Women applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
As Per Shabelle Bank Scale Salary Plus Attractive Benefit Package
Kabridahar,Tog-wajale,Dagahbur, Hargele, Jarati,Awbare,Hartasheik, Sheykosh, Erer,Dolo-ado,Filtu,Kalafo,Moyale,Lafaise,Barey,Bolmayo,Danot,Daror,Dobaweyn,Duhun,Elewayne,Gashamo,Marsin, Salahad, Hamaro & Warder, Somali
For more jobs click here
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]