Johns Hopkins Bloomberg Center for Communication Programs
The Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP) is seeking a Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Advisor for an anticipated United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Social and Behavior Change (SBC) program to provide technical assistance on gender integration and gender transformative programming and develop staff and the health system capacity in gender integration. The Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Advisor will lead the overall strategic plan, design, development and execution of the gender equality and social inclusion work. This position is contingent upon award.
Desired Qualification and Attributes:
- Master’s degree in one of the following or related fields: Gender studies, public health, health communications, behavioral science, health promotion or other related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in gender integration and gender transformative programming and experience in applying gender and social inclusion lens across diverse areas of work.
- Previous experience working with international non-governmental organizations required; and history with USAID-funded initiatives desirable.
- Familiarity with gender frameworks, theories and strategies in the literature and in use by donors.
- Strong background in creating and implementing capacity building programs (e.g., with staff, partners, public sector stakeholders) on gender equality and integration and social inclusion.
- Experience with gender program monitoring and evaluation, including the design of tracking systems, development of indicators, and mechanisms to capture gender sensitive and gender-transformative data.
- Ability to lead collaborative and participatory processes for decision-making and action.
- Technical knowledge and experience in at least one of the health areas –family planning/sexual and reproductive health; maternal, newborn and child health; malaria; nutrition and/or water, sanitation, and hygiene; zoonotic diseases.
- Effective written and oral communication skills to address a wide variety of audiences.
- Self-directed and organized with an ability to multi-task and manage deadlines.
- Willingness to travel domestically
How to Apply
Candidates with the required Knowledge, skills proven experiences are invited to submit their CV & application via e-mail, to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 21, 2021. Qualified Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
(Only short-listed applicants will be contacted)
To apply for this job please visit jhuccpeth.org .