The Food Security and Livelihoods Technical Advisor will be providing technical leadership to food security and livelihoods programs in CWW Ethiopia programme. In addition to designing innovative programmes and portfolio growth, the role holder will be providing technical oversight and coordination in order to support the quality and impact of field level livelihoods programmes for beneficiaries including host and refugee communities. The role holder will be expected to lead programme design and proposal development activities in rural and urban context in-line with the country strategy as well as develop a sector plan with increased scope and scale for FSL programming in Ethiopia. The role holder will support capacity building initiatives as well as working with Area coordinators, Systems Team, MEAL, Gender, Nutrition, Cash and Markets and WASH to carry out need based assessments and activities, including setting up quality benchmarks. The post holder is expected to have expertise in the Value chain in the agriculture sectors, and have the capacity to design and implement integrated programming. S/he is self-motivated & able to manage a large workload and proactively support others in the field with regard to technical assistance.
Education & Qualifications Required:
- MA/Sc or equivalent in international studies, Agricultural economics/rural development or other relevant field;
- 5-7 years of experience in FSL programming in emergency and development contexts.
- Previous demonstrated experience in FSL programming, market analysis and coordinating implementation with service providers.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and communicate effectively with ethnically diverse team members of varied work styles.
- Demonstrated flexibility and creativity in planning and problem solving.
- Proven ability to learn quickly, advice a program to achieve stated results and objectives.
- Experience with the development, implementation & compliance of USAID (OFDA and FFP)/DFID and ECHO funded programs.
- Ability to effectively represent Concern and its interests to key stakeholders.
- Experience working with local authorities, national and international NGOs.
- Effective verbal and written communication, multi-tasking, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Knowledge of Sphere standards and other training in humanitarian response preferred
How to Apply
How to apply
Interested applicants should send non-returnable C.V., application letter outlining how your experience and education fit this vacancy, please note that no need to submit your supporting documents:
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org