NALA works to eliminate Neglected Tropical Diseases in Ethiopia, specifically hygiene-related diseases that are common in areas with limited access to clean water and sanitation. NALA’s disease prevention model complements drug distribution campaigns with targeted health education, community mobilization, and improvements to water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) infrastructure. NALA intervention models empower communities to take the lead in promoting behavioral change and in improving WASH; increasing sustainability beyond the end of the different project. In addition, NALA’s locally-based solutions have resulted in a measurable reduction in the prevalence of disease in our project areas. As a result of NALA’s successful work, the Ministry of Health invited NALA to provide technical assistance to the National NTD Control Program, as well as coordination support to regional-level governments. The Ministry also requested special attention and implementation support for disease “hot spots,” areas where disease burden is especially high. NALA’s work has span for many years and focuses on schools, communities and capacity building and policy work both at the federal and regional levels.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Communicates clearly and works effectively with a wide range of people to reach common understanding.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years’ experience in driving with high school graduate or TVET/Diploma
- NGO experience is a plus
- General Knowledge of Auto mechanics is desirable
- Good Off road and intra city driving skill
- Good Communication skill
- Willing to travel across the project implementation areas.
How to Apply
- Application letter
- Up-to-date CV with daytime telephone number and /or an e-mail address
- Names and addresses of three references
- Please send application to: firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly stating in the subject line: Driver ‘WASH on Wheels’
- Closing date for application is October 30th, 2021
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com