SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in more than 26 of countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses, and organizations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
The selected firm or individual consultant will be a professional researcher with a track record of conducting similar studies most specifically NTD, Trachoma, hygiene, and sanitation. The team for the selected firm/individual will need to have demonstrated experience both in quantitative and qualitative research techniques, particularly as applied to rural populations. Experience working in managing institutional-based studies is essential.
The study team composition and qualifications should be as follows:
- Knowledge of English and Afaan Oromo for all study team members is a must.
- Key personnel required for this assignment must have at least a master’s degree which includes:
- One Team Leader/ Lead Researcher who will be the primary person responsible for the technical work and will manage the design and implementation process. He/she will have master’s in environmental health, MPH, MA in social science or other related fields to this assignment and experience in WASH sector particularly with WASH for Trachoma Elimination.
- One Environmental Health or public health related backgrounds with solid experience in the Water sanitation and hygiene (WASH) and with a track record on quantitative and qualitative studies and analysis.
- One socio-science specifically economics, sociology, anthropology, or related backgrounds that have rich experiences working with similar WASH studies and with a track record in using qualitative methods in data analysis.
How to Apply
The detailed terms of reference and information on how to apply can be obtained by clicking the following link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/127tuwHJRoESYCl28UoT_Y30-qLIz5jhq/view?usp=sharing
Both the technical and financial proposals should be in a separate sealed and stamped envelope by writing the name of the specific assignment.
2% withholding tax will be deducted from the consultant fees at the source and will be paid by SNV – Ethiopia, assuming a TIN number and license can be provided.
Proposals must be received by SNV Addis Ababa office to the address below no later than 01 November, 2021, 5:00 PM.
All submissions should be sent to: SNV Ethiopia, Human Resource Office, Africa Avenue; In front of the Millennium Hall; Next to the new Ethiopian Airlines five-star hotel under construction; 200 meter from the main road at the right side; telephone: +251 (0)11 616 6232
For any clarification and questions use the following email : firstname.lastname@example.org.
SNV Ethiopia reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids.
NB. All submissions shall be in hard copy. Soft copy submission will not be accepted.
To apply for this job please visit drive.google.com.