The University of Central Oklahoma is pleased to offer the Graduate International Merit Global Scholar Awards to encourage high-achieving degree-seeking students. The application for the academic year 2022-2023 is now open.
The funding programme aims to support international students who want to undertake graduate degree coursework at UCO.
The University of Central Oklahoma was founded in 1890 and is a public university in Edmond, Oklahoma. It was one of the earliest institutions to be formed in Oklahoma, making it one of the country’s oldest universities. It is also ranked 71st in Regional Universities West. UCO is a recognized metropolitan university.
Why choose to study at the University of Central Oklahoma? UCO helps students learn through transformative educational experiences, growing productive, creative, ethical, and engaged citizens and leaders. It gives students access to high-quality, affordable transformative teaching and learning experiences.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by November 1 and May 31
- University or Organization: University of Central Oklahoma
- Department: N.A.
- Course Level: Graduate
- Award: $4,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Graduate degree programme in any subject offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Minimum 3.25 or higher Bachelor’s Degree cumulative GPA
- How to Apply: To be eligible for this grant, the student must have to take admission in a graduate degree programme at the University of Central Oklahoma. There is no separate application required for this award.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit a scanned copy of your academic record for admission purposes unless they have reason to believe the documents submitted have been altered in any manner. An official or certified copy of the certificate of graduation or a letter with an expected graduation date provided by the attended college or university is required.
- Admission Requirements: Students must have completed an undergraduate degree equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in the United States or they are in their final year of an undergraduate program.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL – 79 IBT (internet-based test) or 550 PBT (paper-based test); or
- IELTS – 6.5 overall bands; or
- Proof of 12 weeks of intensive English study at an approved ESL program in the U.S. after achieving a minimum TOEFL score of 500 (PBT) or 61 (IBT) or minimum IELTS overall band of 6.0;
The University of Central Oklahoma will provide an award of up to $4,000 ($2,000 per year) to successful students.